1) THE GIFT OF LISTENING . . . But you must REALLY listen. No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response. Just listen.
2) THE GIFT OF AFFECTION . . . Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.
3) THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER . . . Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, “I love to laugh with you.”
4) THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE . . . It can be a simple “Thanks for the help” note or a full sonnet. A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime and may even change a life.
5) THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT . . . A simple and sincere, “You look great in red,” “You did a super job” or “That was a wonderful meal” can make someone’s day.
6) THE GIFT OF A FAVOR . . . Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.
7) THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE . . . There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.
8) THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION . . . The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone; it’s not really that hard to say, Hello or Thank You.
— Author Unknown